Head Of ASC Operations & Integration - Adult Social Care - #35303
Triumph Consultants Ltd
Interim Head Of ASC Operations & Integration - Adult Social Care
Reference no: Luton TCL 84788
Pay Rate: £400.00 per day PAYE
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
To manage the Adult Social Care Assessment, Care Planning Teams and associated budgets, ensuring that the work is delivered to a high standard and within the nationally determined timescales. To assist the Director of Social Services in the delivery of service priorities. Ensure strength based approach and personalised services to adults at risk of harm. Work with health and other services to ensure an integrated approach to service delivery and monitor the delivery of the externally commissioned mental health service, working with commissioning on any contract compliance issues.
Lead in planning and partnership working at a senior level. Inform service development and promote good practice and delivery of quality services
- Provide strategic management to the Assessment and Care Planning Service on an assessment of local needs, ensuring that an adequate supply of high quality cost effective services are available for individuals who meet the Council’s eligibility criteria and deputise in the absence of the Director of Adult social Services as required.
- Provide management direction in the division and ensure mechanisms exist to recruit, motivate, train and develop staff in order to ensure the workforce can meet its objectives. Lead on the development of policy and practice within the Department and ensure that procedures and processes are available to guide staff in the performance of their duties and ensure that these are adhered to.
- Strategically work at a high level with other Departments, statutory agencies, the voluntary sector, service users and carers, to ensure that services are jointly
- planned and strategically driven with a focus upon outcomes which promote independence choice and wellbeing.
- Lead on a range of projects on behalf of the Department ensuring that issues are addressed and innovative solutions proposed and implemented. Work with other Head of Services and Service Managers to ensure delivery of specified projects.
- Develop strategic objectives for the service area, ensure they are met and that meaningful and detailed management and performance information is generated to demonstrate they are being met.
- Work with teams to ensure they provide high quality cost effective services on behalf of the Department, and allocate resources within budget allocation. Take remedial action as required to balance budget.
- Ensure that monitoring systems are in place so that services provided to customers are of a high quality, meet assessed needs, are cost effective and delivered in such a way to encourage independence, respect and choice
- Be aware of and act within the legal framework, CQC requirements and national guidance that affects the service area, and keep abreast of national developments for Adult Social Care. Ensure compliance with the Care Act, NHS guidance, Health and Safety requirements and the Equalities agenda. Ensure Business Continuity and Emergency Plan are in place for service area and that risks are recorded, reported and managed effectively.
- Lead on, develop and implement a range of complex projects on behalf of the Department including the introduction of digital working and the use of Council computer systems to enhance performance
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via jo[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Relevant professional qualification (DipSW or equivalent Dipcot or equivalent qualification).
- Knowledge of key legislative requirements relevant to Adult Social Care and Health and heath and safety
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering quality services and promotion of dignity, respect and choice
- Substantial experience in a relevant social/health care field, including demonstrable experience at a management level
- Substantial experience of preparing and managing large and complex budgets and involvement in policy development and planning processes
- Experience in developing policy and planning processes to improve the service
Skills & Abilities:
- High level of communication including written and oral skills.
- Manage, plan and organise the work of the section with evidence of strong operational/performance management via workload tracking systems to facilitate personalised outcomes for service users
- Decisive and able to exercise judgement within an agreed framework and able to assess and manage high levels of risk
- Undertake strategic planning and give highlevel advice plan ahead and produce service plans that deliver high standards of service
Please note that clients invariably ask us to strip out contact details from CVs before we submit them for consideration. This is always quicker and easier to do if you send your CV to us in Word format, rather than as a PDF please