Group Facilities Manager - #35446
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic, and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is dedicated to delivering testing services that contribute to the health and safety of society and the planet, and to its corporate responsibility to protect the environment and ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion across the entire network of Eurofins companies.
Working hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Please note regular travel to Eurofins sites within the UK will be required.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the operation and maintenance of buildings systems and services and to provide safe, clean, maintained operational sites at best value for the business.
- Operate and maintain the facilities management system, including, but not limited to, archive and document storage, building and grounds maintenance, cleaning, catering and vending, health and safety, PPE, security, space management, utilities and communications infrastructure and waste management.
- Implement and manage Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) programmes for all sites.
- Strategic planning, procurement and contract management.
- Procurement of non-contract and reactive work
- Ensure that safety and business-critical items are serviced and maintained
- Ensuring that planned maintenance and reactive work is updated and recorded.
- To produce written specifications for work and services and work closely with the Procurement team on procurement and selection of contracts.
- Monitor the performance of suppliers and contractors
- Project manage, supervise and coordinate contractors on site.
- Drive cost savings whilst maintaining service.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- Work closely with the Health & Safety Manager and other key stakeholders in the business, including proactively visiting sites on a regular basis.
- Maintain drawings and schematics for sites.
- Ensure environmental legislation is being complied with and all documentation kept up to date.
- Ensure a system is in place for tracking work done and matching to purchase orders.
- Develop policies and standards for facilities processes
- Plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives
- Investigate the availability and suitability of options for new premises
- Attend meetings as required
- To support and promote health and safety in all activities and processes across the group
- Educated to degree level
- IWFM Level 2-7
- Proven experience within facilities management across a multi-site organisation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Full driving licence
- Customer focused, values driven individual with integrity.
- Great communication skills both verbal and written across all ability levels.
- Highly organised
- Innovative, good in a crisis.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strategic thinker and also able to be’ hands on’ when required.
At Eurofins we are growing, innovating and always learning. We celebrate the achievements of our employees through annual long service awards, recognise our colleagues special life events, and we are committed to charitable causes through global fundraising activities.
As a Eurofins employee you will benefit from:
- Life Assurance (4 times annual salary)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay Scheme
- Company Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential support.
- Free car parking
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Everyone who joins our team also gets access to Perkbox, allowing you to save money all year round. Whether its supermarket savings or days out, the daily coffee or a summer holiday – there’s something to suit everyone’s lifestyle.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
We support your development! Do you feel you don’t match 100% of the requirements? Don’t hesitate to apply anyway! Eurofins companies are committed to supporting your career development.