Fundraising Admin Assistant - North West - #35152
ISLAMIC RELIEF UK
Salary: (Pro rata) £23,436 per annum
Contract Type: 3 months Fixed Term
Hours: Part Time
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 39 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflict, and natural disasters. In the UK, IRW has a partner whose main role is to raise funds, raise awareness, carry out advocacy and support domestic programmes: this partner is called Islamic Relief UK (IRUK).
Islamic Relief UK (IRUK) is actively recruiting for the position of ‘Fundraising Admin Assistant – North West’ on a 3-month fixed term, part time basis to be based from its Manchester office.
The purpose of the role is to develop and implement strategies to increase the funding income of Islamic Relief through a range of fundraising initiatives and through acquisition and retention of supporters.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Experience in an administrative role.
- Experience of effectively maintaining electronic and paper administrative, financial and information systems.
- Proven experience of successfully working under pressure, with multiple demands and in a busy environment.
- Understanding of how to operate within Charity Law and the General Data Protection legislation and adhere to the Fundraising Regulator’s Codes of Practice.
- Willingness to work flexibly in approach to work and to travel and work outside normal office hours (including unsocial hours and weekends).
- Current and full UK driving licence.
- Knowledge and understanding of the local region and community.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to work accurately under pressure and pay attention to detail.
- High standard of numeracy skills in accurately entering and recording financial data and other general calculations and working within defined procedures and regulations.
- Ability to represent Islamic Relief in a wide range of situations.
- Ability to work under pressure, be self-motivating and deliver to target.
- IT literate with ability to use MS packages, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Strong motivation and empathy towards the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Outgoing, friendly and willing to pitch in and help others within the team, especially supporting all colleagues within the small fundraising team.
For more information, please click on the Documents tab above to view the full Job Description.
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit:
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place sometime in December 2023.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK-based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary contract, Fixed term contract
Salary: £23,436.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manchester, M16 8BP: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person