Full Time Customer Service Advisor - #48898
Customer Service Advisor
Job title:Full Time Customer Service Advisor
Start Date: 11th March 2024
Hours: Full Time 37.5 per week between 8:30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday including 1 in 3 Saturdays 9.30am – 12.30pm
Location: Tri-Centre 2, New Bridge Square, Swindon, SN1 1HN. Home working days available after passing successful probation period.
Are you interested in joining a high-performing team, working for a large, successful business creating an excellent level of customer service for major house-hold brands working as a Customer Service Advisor?
We are seeking permanent, full-time Customer Service Advisors to be part of our vibrant team in Tri-Centre 2, New Bridge Square, Swindon office.
Our Customer Advisors are the first point of contact for anyone getting in touch with us via phone or email, whether that’s customers, financial advisors, solicitors or others. The role will primarily involve answering inbound calls from our customers dealing with queries relating to life and pensions. You will be working on in house systems to update and resolve customer queries. You will be dealing with vulnerable customers and may also be dealing with bereavement calls which is why strong customer service and empathy skills are crucial to the role. Full training is provided. Training period is 6-8 weeks.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to kick-start a career. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have experience working in a contact centre environment before, as we’ll give you full training to understand our clients, products and offers. Perhaps you’ve previously worked in retail, or in the service industry—we’re looking for great people with transferrable skills who can understand customer challenges and communicate clearly and confidently. We’ll offer you skills training to help you effectively become a better, more confident, and persuasive communicator so you can go even further in your role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing a superb level of customer service
- Operating effectively within a wider customer experience team
- Discussing features of customers’ life & pensions products all within the documented processes
- Handling standard queries and specialist enquiries where appropriate
- Identifying vulnerable customers, showing empathy & considering referral to the vulnerable team.
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for helping people.
- Transferrable experience of face-to-face or call centre-based customer service
- Experience of developing strong customer relationships.
- Confident in using multiple computer systems.
- Minimum Grade C/4 in Maths and English
What’s in it for you.
- A fantastic salary of £22,500
- Home working days will be considered once you have completed your probation period.
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) plus bank holidays with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Monthly/Annual Review Recognition Scheme & Awards
- The opportunity to grow & develop your career within Life & Pensions or across wide Capita divisions and accounts.
- Opportunity to join our creating Future Leaders Programme to fast track your career into management.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
Further to this you will have access to an amazing benefits package including.
- Exclusive colleague offers on Mobile phone contracts.
- 25% off cinema tickets at Cineworld, Odeon, Empire and Apollo
- Discounted Dining Cards offering up to 50% off food.
- Discounted at home fitness plans and gym memberships.
- Exclusive discounts at your favourite stores including John Lewis, Currys PC World and many more through Capita’s “Perks at work scheme.
For us, better begins with you. We have ambitious plans for the future, using advanced technology to go beyond just making customers happy, finding the answers and solutions that leave them feeling positive, well-informed, and able to get on with their day. And we’re dedicated to making sure our colleagues—the ones who make ‘better’ happen—have the skills and confidence to wow customers while excelling in their careers. We’ll give you opportunities to learn and develop, with team leaders and managers there to help support and drive your progression forward in the direction you want to go at a pace that suits you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email ***************@capita.com and we’ll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.
Time Type:Full time