Factory Manager - #35350
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum plus benefits
Intapeople are working exclusively with a renowned manufacturing business based in Swansea who due to continued growth are seeking an experienced Factory Manager. Reporting directly to the Production Director, you will be responsible for two Shift Managers and two Supervisors within a busy, fast paced, and high-performance environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deliver all products within your control to the agreed targets of output, quality, and cost.
- Provide detailed accounts of weekly performance covering quality, machinery, technical, training and HR.
- To ensure and measure, via the reporting system, the effectiveness of the delivery into dispatch by the given deadlines.
- Chair regular team meetings with your shift manager and team leaders and provide targets, guidance and information that will ensure the efficient running of each department.
- Manage and line balance staff and ensure 100% delivery within cost and performance constraints set out in the production plans.
- Conduct all human resource elements of your role, such as disciplinary supporting each section, within a timely manner.
- Liaise with customer services and production control regarding remakes, providing policing to ensure these items are also delivered on time.
- Liaise with stores to ensure accurate stock levels are provided whilst supporting accurate monthly stock figures.
- Always ensure that the correct works details and methods are in use and offer support to customer services, production and maintenance when required.
- Utilise and balance human resources, plant, and machinery effectively to ensure maximisation of profit in line with annual budgets and forecasts.
- Identify and provide cross training to ensure an acceptable level of people performance.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees and operate within the confines of company policy in association with the HSE and Fire department.
Skills, experience, and qualifications required.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of Production process including workflow and line balancing.
- Possess Management experience at least 3 years in an associated discipline/environment.
- Demonstrate computer literacy with knowledge of Excel and Word
- Numerate and literate skills
- Should possess excellent finishing skills.
- Should be able to demonstrate sound communication, leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Be willing to participate in training courses for personal development.
- Flexibility required with additional overtime and holiday cover at times.