EY Law - Consultant - ECG Company Secretary - Belfast - #48972
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Law is a fast growing, dynamic and integrated part of EY. That means opportunities for our people every day - and a need for talented, flexible, ambitious professionals to join us to fuel our growth. Become part of a client facing, cohesive and expanding team and develop your career within a global organisation looking to disrupt the legal market.
EY’s Entity Compliance and Governance (ECG) offering, part of EY Law, is unique in the market place. We combine market leading technology and innovation, with the right people to deliver the company secretarial services of tomorrow, today. Our team in Belfast is growing and we’re looking for a Consultant to join our Managed Services workstream, to support clients with achieving their governance, compliance and business objectives on an ongoing basis. Expansion of the team in Belfast is at the centre of EY’s strategic growth plans and follows EY’s earlier announcement this year of the creation of 1,000 new jobs across Northern Ireland.
Your role will involve delivering technical governance and compliance projects. You will have strong technical skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences.
Our clients include FTSE 100/250, AIM, larger private companies as well as smaller, fast growth private companies across a variety of sectors, so there is a huge opportunity to broaden your skills and knowledge within this position.
At EY, we believe that balance is key to finding happiness at work and this balance is achieved when you love what you do, in an environment where you can thrive. A career with EY’s Entity Compliance and Governance team is about finding that balance and expanding your skills.
Your key responsibilities
While we choose to deliver it differently to our clients, essentially your role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Being a UK technical point of contact for all Corporate Secretarial matters;
- Assisting with the formation of entities and UK establishments;
- Delivering corporate secretarial compliance for UK entities, including drafting board minutes and resolutions, and making statutory filings with Companies House;
- Advising clients on company secretarial matters and answering ad hoc technical queries;
- Working with and overseeing the work of a team of administrators based overseas and working alongside them on high volume projects;
- Assisting senior team members with corporate restructuring and more complex transactional projects;
- Participating in networking events;
- On-boarding new clients and identifying new opportunities to support the growth of the UK portfolio; and
- Developing a network across the EY firm to raise awareness of the ECG team and highlight client opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Innovative and driven to bring about change;
- Desire to challenge the status quo and do things differently;
- Enjoy finding solutions to problems;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels;
- Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work;
- The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure;
- A commercial outlook.
To qualify for the role you must
- Be qualified or part qualified with the Chartered Governance Institute (“CGI”) or be intending to pursue the qualification.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in either a professional services firm or in-house company secretarial team.
What we look for
We are looking for professionals who are looking for a challenging and rewarding role, who want to work with us to transform the governance landscape that will in turn offer significant career development.
What we offer
The opportunity to be part of a new era of governance support. We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.