Education Coordinator - #35127
Role: Education Coordinator
Basic salary: £19,950.00 (FTE)
Benefits: 30 days' Annual Leave (rising to 35 days' with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2, Employee Discount Scheme & Medical Cash Plan. (All benefits Pro-rataed).
Location: Head Office - Nottingham
Fostering People has been rated 4 times as outstanding by Ofsted. It’s community based fostering agency with over 20 years' experience of changing children’s lives.
Fostering People first opened its doors in 2000, when a local social worker came up with the idea of starting a new, independent fostering service in the East Midlands.
Her idea was to provide plenty of excellent personal support, right in the heart of the local community. Today, this still holds true – except we’re now present in even more communities: Scotland, the North East, North West, West Midlands, East of England and Yorkshire. In these places, the excellence of our work means we’re the preferred choice of partner for many local authorities, who trust us to provide a high quality and caring local service. Just as importantly, so do foster parents in these communities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Fostering People Limited are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Education Coordinator (21 hours)) to join their fostering team in Nottingham. This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills and be part of a highly supportive environment where the focus is on ensuring our young people receive an education that will help them reach their full potential.
You may have experience in a working in an educational setting or with in a children’s services setting or similar role. As long as you have excellent organisational skills, and are confident in offering support and advice on educational issues as well as a passion for education then this is the ideal role for you.
You will need to have:
- A commitment to improving the educational opportunities for Looked After Children
- Enthusiastic and a committed self-starter with the ability to work independently but also skilled in keeping in touch with team members and carers
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Be able to work alongside colleagues to analyse and produce information and data concerning children’s education
- Maintain and proactively use the CHARMS database (training will be provided)
- Complete reports for Fostering People’s management meeting
- Confidence in delivering training packages to carers and Staff
- An awareness of The Code of Practice and the implications for young people moving between authorities and the care system
- Experience of supporting Looked after Children and an awareness of the issues they face.
- Experience of working as part of a multi-agency team
- Experience in supporting young people in an educational setting
- Able to attend and take minutes for various meetings and investigations
- General ad hoc reports/analysis and administration
It is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a highly supportive environment and to continue to build on an already highly performing fostering service which continues to develop and grow.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Sophie Weightman, Office Manager on 01159 455445.
No agencies please.
Fostering People is an equal opportunities employer and has been awarded the disability confident employer by the jobcentre plus. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.