Draughtsperson - #48927
Our Clients and Projects
It’s a future for all of us . We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
Our clients are operators of critical energy infrastructure as well as specialist manufacturing and pharmaceuticals, who are committed to maintaining safe and effective operational assets worldwide. Our work supports every stage in the asset lifecycle, but particularly focussing on the integrity of engineering data in digital solutions as well as optimising existing assets through our engineering expertise. We advise clients as they navigate through the digital and energy transition.
What we can offer
Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry.
Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
Flexible benefits package ; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
- Liaise and communicate with ODC colleagues to support the effective execution of required work scopes
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate across the business, project, contract and discipline interfaces
- Liaise with current clients, issuing queries as required.
Level of Influence & Decision-Making Authority:
- As delegated by ODC Technical Lead and in accordance with Wood limits defined within the Delegation of Authority
- Logical thinker
- Demonstrate good problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively across a diverse multicultural community
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in all work undertaken
- Flexibility and a positive attitude to change
- Self-motivated with good self-time management skills
- The ability to learn new skills and adapt to changing workload demands
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create trust with seniors and peer groups
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create / update documentation as required in line with client engineering requirements or as-building expectations
- Provide technical guidance to Junior Draughtsmen and other Draughtsmen
- Locate associated drawings and review the impact the modifications may have, providing red-lined drawings for Junior Draughtsmen to work from
- Utilisation of 2D & 3D software packages enabling the continued update and creation of 2D documentation, 3D designs, 3D models (utilising point cloud information), digital twins, intelligent documentation etc.
- Conduct site surveys when necessary utilising digital technology as required i.e. Laser Scanning
- Attend client meetings as required
- Monitor own workload to ensure timely delivery to clients
- Report to & support Technical Lead as required
- Adhere to company policies & procedures
- Be part of the company Safety and Quality Culture
- Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained/exceeded
- Display Wood core values
- ONC or appropriate level of experience
- Suitable CAD qualification or appropriate experience
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Experience and a drive for continual learning / understanding of the latest design tools, technologies and processes
- Experience within a Drawing Office environment
- A good level of general computer skills (good electronic housekeeping)
- Demonstrate an understanding of industry best practices
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders in a professional manner