DICOM HL7- Integration Engineer - #35257
Improving healthcare through innovative technology is at the core of Intelerad’s work. Our scalable medical imaging platform connects clinicians to a powerful imaging ecosystem that is fast, smart, and tapped into the data they need, no matter their location. We’re focused on delivering a best-in-class medical image management solution that improves provider efficiency, decreases the cost of healthcare, and improves the overall health of populations.
Intelerad offers one of healthcare’s most comprehensive imaging and analytics platforms. Headquartered in Raleigh, NC and Montreal, Intelerad has nearly 700 employees located in offices across six countries. The company empowers nearly 2,000 healthcare organizations around the world with the speed, scalability, and simplicity needed to increase business performance while, most importantly, improving patient outcomes. Intelerad’s modern enterprise solutions have been acknowledged by a Best in KLAS recognition, ranking #1 for PACS Asia/Oceania in the 2021 Best in KLAS: Global Software (Non-US) report. To learn more, visit intelerad.com and follow Intelerad on LinkedIn and Twitter.
The role of the Integration Specialist is to develop, implement, and maintain RIS and DICOM integrations.
Most integrations performed will be referencing the DICOM or HL7 standards. The Integration Specialist will be the main liaison between Intelerad and the 3rd party vendor that wishes to integrate with Intelerad’s software. The Integration Specialist will also perform HL7 & DICOM data migrations as required.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to: archival system changes, historical report ingestion, data conversions, assistance with disaster recovery, and other long term projects.
The Integration Specialist will be involved in the following activities, amongst others:
Conducting integrations and data migrations
● Define and document RIS, DICOM, and dataset integration strategies.
● Participate in HL7/DICOM project scoping for PACS integration and migration
● Conduct various integration and workflow tests
● Perform data migrations and conversions as required
● Provide input to project managers, client success managers and sales engineering in workflow design ● Thoroughly test workflow use cases during RIS integration
● As necessary, update and document team documentation/procedures.
● Participate in initiatives to improve operations and customer satisfaction
Maintenance and monitoring
● Execute change management requests as assigned
● Be available to work on escalated Support integration issues (Hotseat)
- Good knowledge of HL7 and DICOM Standards
- Understanding integrations with a RIS (validation, DMWL, RIS prefetching, OET, completion, ADT, Archive Policies, Image flows, AE title configurations, etc)
- Good knowledge and understanding of Linux administration
- Good knowledge of HTML
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP connectivity and methods to diagnose connectivity problems
- Basic knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL, SQLite, Sybase, etc)
- Basic knowledge of RAID troubleshooting
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to clearly communicate (written and oral)
● Java, Python & Perl programming (or willingness to learn)
● Sybase and/or PostgreSQL
● Previous experience relating to imaging systems, radiology, or the medical industry in general.
All applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be required to complete a 30 minute online assessment as part of your application.
Intelerad is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state and local laws providing equal employment opportunities and all other employment laws and regulations. Applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability and genetic information (including family medical history). Intelerad is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy regarding all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Intelerad is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. Intelerad uses the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”)as a standard for global recruiting and hiring purposes. This prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities. The ADA defines “disability” as a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of an individual, a record of such impairment, or being regarded as having such an impairment.
Meet Intelerad’s Leadership Team: https://www.intelerad.com/en/about/leadership-team/