Deputy Headteacher - #48869
- Springfield Junior School - Ipswich, IP1 4DT
- £49,572 - £57,480 per annum
- Full time
- Reference: 5161
Springfield Junior School is part of the Children’s Endeavour Trust which totals eight schools across Stowmarket and Ipswich. Springfield is a popular junior school to the west of the town centre teaching children from age 7 - 11. This is a three-form entry school with strong community support, a supportive and hardworking staff team as well as friendly and welcoming children. We deliver an ambitious and rigorous curriculum through CUSP as well as being an OPAL school to develop the quality of outdoor play.
The Deputy Headteacher, under the direction of the Headteacher, will take a major role in:
- formulating the aims and objectives of the school
- establishing policies for achieving these aims and objectives
- managing staff and resources to that end
- monitoring progress towards the achievement of the school’s aims and objectives.
If the Headteacher is absent, the Deputy Headteacher will deputise, as directed by the governing board.
The Deputy Headteacher will also be expected to fulfil the professional responsibilities of a Headteacher, as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD).
You will support the new head teacher in providing a clear direction for the development of the school. You will lead, support and motivate staff, encouraging good relationships and working practices and assume responsibility for the management of the school in the absence of the Head.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who will:
- lead by example, holding and articulating clear values and moral purpose which are focussed on providing an excellent education for all pupils
- be experienced in curriculum leadership, preferably with CUSP, establishing an uncompromising approach to ensure that every child has a well-rounded education through a creative and challenging curriculum
- analyse data, identify trends and patterns, and use this to further improve the educational offer
- develop our school drivers of Oracy, Arts and Culture and as a Rights Respecting School
- be an inspirational leader and innovative teacher who can support teaching and learning, as well as holding staff accountable for their professional conduct and practice
- remain committed to developing each child as an individual who is valued, respected and treated equally and demonstrate creativity in finding bespoke solutions to promote the success of all our children
- provide a safe, calm and well-ordered environment for all pupils and staff, focused on safeguarding pupils and developing exemplary behaviour
- continue to strive for excellence through our school motto of persevere + learn + believe = achieve
- support and motivate our enthusiastic, skilful and committed staff by fostering respectful relationships and focusing on promoting career development and wellbeing
- promote inclusion and remove all barriers to education and extracurricular activities
- have a strong commitment to ensuring children’s social, emotional and mental health needs are met.
Springfield Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service
To find out more:
For an informal discussion only, please contact Mrs J Viner on (01473) 741300.
How to apply:
Please complete the application form and return it to: *****@springfieldjuniors.net
- Application form (docx)
- Job description (docx)
- Person specification (docx)
Completed application to be returned for the attention of Mrs J Viner.
Closing date: midday, 7 March 2024.
Interview date: 21 March 2024.