Cover Supervsor - #48945
Vision for Education
£90 - £110 per day
Our partnering Secondary school is seeking candidates to work as Cover Supervisors. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on daily supply or in longer fixed term supply contracts.
About the role
As a Cover Supervisor you will be responsible for leading lessons of approximately 30 pupils in the absence of the class teacher. You will cover classes across the full range of secondary school subjects, but don’t worry, you are not expected to be a subject specialist in each area. The lesson will always be planned, and this will be provided in advance. It is your role as the Cover Supervisor to facilitate the classes learning, manage classroom behaviour, record accurate registers, and provide a handover to the absent teacher. Successful Cover Supervisors are adaptable, flexible, motivated, confident and organised, they have a passion for education and supporting young people.
This role provides a great opportunity to gain experience of working within a Secondary school prior to applying to Initial Teacher Training. Although previous experience of working in a Secondary School is desirable it is not essential.
If you are new to the role, you will be offered a comprehensive Cover Supervisor Training Programme to equip you will the skills you need. Visit our website to find out more about our Cover Supervisor Training Programme or send us your CV and one of our consultants will call you with further information.
About the school
The local secondary school in Bristol has brand new facilities and specialises in music and performing arts. The school values diversity and building strong relationships, and strives to provide excellent education for its students. The school is part of a well-established multi-academy trust that prioritises supporting the well-being of all its students and staff. The school is seeking a Cover Supervisor who is committed, enthusiastic and engaging.
To be considered for the role of Cover Supervsor you will:
- Hold a degree or equivalent education
- Have a willingness to learn
- Be a natural leader and someone with the confidence to lead a lesson in the absence of the class teacher.
- Have a passion for education and providing the highest possible level of support to young people
- Ideally hold a driving licence and have access to your own vehicle
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- to have or be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for EducationVision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offerAs a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.