Consultant in palliative medicine - #35382
University Hospital Southampton
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will join the senior medical team delivering high quality care to the 21-bedded inpatient unit, the award-winning community service (which covers a population of nearly 580,000) and the delivery and development of the multi-disciplinary outpatient service. Clinical duties will be in all of the three domains. There are also exciting opportunities to contribute to service development, education and research.
- Conduct weekly ward rounds
- Review new admissions, provide cross cover for consultant colleagues
- Community work, to provide advice for community CNSs, conducting regular community multi-disciplinary meetings, undertaking domiciliary visits
- Conduct outpatient clinics and, supervising specialist trainees at MH
- Attend weekly specialist palliative care MDT and morbidity and mortality meeting at MH
- Educational and Clinical Supervision of Speciality Registrars and GP trainees
- Opportunity of contributing to expanding Education and Research Team at Mountbatten Hampshire
- Participate in 1 in 6 second on call rota (frequency subject to change depending on recruitment to other posts).
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Individuals with a passion for delivering and developing excellent supportive, palliative and end-of-life care across all care domains – hospital, hospice inpatient, community and outpatients
- Excellent communicators with a broad experience of palliative care
- Individuals who excel at multi-disciplinary delivery of compassionate, empathic and individualised supportive, palliative and end-of life care
Applicants should have a CCT or be on the GMC’s Specialist Register. Applicants who are within six months of obtaining their CCT on the date of the AAC may also apply.
When applying please remember to include your CCT date in the Membership of professional bodies section of the online application form, which is where you must also record your GMC number.
Individuals wishing to apply must be fully registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) and should be either already on or within 6 months of eligibility to be included on the specialist register of the GMC.
The successful candidate will be employed under the terms and conditions of service for Consultants (England) 2003.
Interviews will be held on TBC
Job Reference: 188-MT0992
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch.