Compliance Associate - #48992
Yorkshire Building Society
Are you looking for a new challenge with a team that is an integral part of YBS’s Risk function? Are you looking to develop your knowledge and skills and support YBS in making real life happen? If so, the Compliance Associate role may be right for you.
We are looking for talented compliance professionals to join our team of monitoring and advice associates. As part of the second line of defence, you will be responsible for delivering the assurance and challenge of our business activities.
This an exciting opportunity to be a trusted business partner helping teams across YBS to understand and manage their regulatory and conduct risks.
The role is based at our office in the centre of Leeds with a mix of office-based and home working.
About the role
As a Compliance Associate you will do both monitoring and advisory activities to help YBS meet our regulatory and legislative obligations. You will support our regulatory compliance-aware culture to deliver good customer outcomes.
You will do this through:
- Delivering Compliance Monitoring reviews from planning to reporting.
- Providing advice to business stakeholders through taking part in business partnering activities, involvement in key strategic projects, and change initiatives.
- Horizon scanning and assessment of regulatory change, including initial impact assessment and sharing key outputs with relevant senior leaders and business stakeholders.
- Supporting in the management of the relationship with our regulators, including coordinating submission of data for information requests and supporting regulator visits.
- Supporting the delivery of Compliance reporting, ensuring submissions to risk committees and other governance fora are of the highest quality.
- You have an inquisitive mind and are curious about how the business operates and how we can support them to understand and mitigate risk.
- You’re able to communicate complex information, both written and verbally, in a clear way.
- You develop and maintain good relationships and are able to influence and challenge decisions.
- You’re organised, efficient and have a keen eye for detail in everything you do.
- You have a good understanding of regulation, as well an ability to critically assess and interpret information to provide informed opinions or findings.
- With the support of the Compliance leadership team, you’ll be able to prioritise and balance your time and workload in line with the team’s priorities and business need.
Don’t be put off if you don’t tick all the boxes above, if you’re excited about the role and looking to progress your career with YBS, get in touch.
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
- Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
- Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
- Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
- Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
- My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts.
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.
Want more information?
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Sophie Harrison – [email protected]