Clinical Research Fellow in Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products - #35367
University Hospital Southampton
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- The primary role of this post is to assist the Directors and investigators in the running of clinical studies for patients in the CRF, Bone Marrow Transplant Unit and Wessex Research Hubs including early phase clinical trials of vaccines, biological agents and other new drugs
- The post holder will therefore be expected to engage as appropriate with all aspects of the development and conduct of studies, including the submission and maintenance of regulatory documents, the recruitment of subjects and providing medical cover
- The post holder should work to ensure that all studies are conducted to Good Clinical Practice
- Working patterns are flexible depending on the study and visit requirements. Some out of hours working is required and contribution to an on-call study phone rota is required.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Individuals who are keen to learn more about clinical research and are interested in the potential of further research training (MD/PhD
- Excellent communicator
People who can contribute and work well with our multi-professional team within the CRF
Appointment will be made under local contractual terms and conditions of service for Trust appointed (non-training fellow doctors and dentists).
Successful candidates will have an educational framework equivalent to training grade doctors, and there will be a named educational supervisor assigned at the start of the post. The opportunity for Continued Professional Development (CPD) is highly supported and encouraged by the Trust, with options available to take study leave. All licensed doctors must meet the GMC requirements for revalidation and there will be an annual appraisal to support this process.
Grades for Trust appointed (non-training) fellows will be paid a basic salary at a nodal pay point linked to the grade, at the rate set out in the National Medical and Dental pay circular. Basic salary detailed below plus any additional remuneration (as applicable) for hours set out in the doctors work schedule (e.g. additional hours, weekend allowance, and any hours which attract enhanced pay)
Basic Salary - MT03 £43,923 Basic Salary - MT04 £55,329
Travelling expenses will not be paid for attending interview