Clinical Practice Educator - #35266
University Hospital Southampton
Do you enjoy supporting others? We have opportunities for registered nurses, who are keen to make a difference to patient experience through development of staff across Division B.
As Clinical Practice Educators, the successful candidates will work independently and with other education/specialist colleagues to deliver teaching and clinical education to healthcare professionals across the division. Participation in Trust wide teaching will also be required to support educational programmes. The Division B education team will be your support network to help you hone and perfect your education and leadership skills.
Division B at University Hospital Southampton includes Emergency Care, Medicine, Specialist Medicine, Cancer Care, Pathology and Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance. As a forward-thinking team of educators, we provide mandatory and bespoke teaching, working together to ensure skills are shared and education is world class.
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the ‘Job Description and Main Responsibilities’ section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
All non-clinical roles may involve a mixture of on site and remote working, Specific details and flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process. UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and direct trains to London. The New Forest National Park and beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than London and 14 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Develop education strategies in partnership with the clinical area and senior clinical educator to deliver ward/department-based education
• Support staff to complete statutory and mandatory training
• Provide opportunities for professional development
• Respond to local and Trust-wide clinical training needs
• Support learners in practice including students, apprentices and staff seeking further education opportunities
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Registered nurse with significant clinical experience
• Excellent communication skills with all members of the MDT
• An interest in education
• Prior experience of developing nursing practice
• Team player with good working relationships
• A teaching qualification or equivalent mentorship/Practice Assessor/Coaching course
• A curiosity for learning and enthusiasm about your own professional development
• An ability to manage own workload; capable of working independently and as part of a wider team