Climbing Wall Instructor x2 (101683-0224) - #48856
University of Warwick
£22,776 to £23,144 per annum, pro rata
7th February 2024
14th February 2024
As a Climbing Wall Instructor, you will work collaboratively within the climbing team to develop and deliver an excellent programme of climbing in line with the Warwick Sport Mission, the University of Warwick’s vision and strategic aims.
This is a fantastic opportunity to deliver climbing in our Sports Hub which includes:
- 706sqm of climbing surface, varying from 15m height to 7.975m at its lowest point, 5m overhang from vertical at 30 degrees and two types of wall texture – stone and wood panel based.
- 48 top rope climbs and 144 climbing routes to suit a range of skill sets from elite to beginner.
- A number of auto-belays to ensure individuals can train at their own convenience.
- 296sqm dedicated bouldering and training zone, enabling users to climb up to 5m without a rope to a maximum angle of 69 degrees.
- Dedicated climbing seminar room for clubs or group briefings or training.
The Climbing Centre has peak and off-peak opening hours. There is a rota system in place with a combination of early mornings, evenings, weekends, and bank holiday/closure days. This is to support our opening hours of Monday – Friday 6am – 11pm and Saturday/Sunday 7am – 8pm.
This role will require an enhanced DBS check with child’s barred list.
Full details of the duties and selection criteria for this role can be found in the vacancy advert on the University of Warwick's jobs pages. You will be routed to this when you click on the Apply button.