Care and Support Assistant - #48952
McCarthy Stone are looking for a professional Care and Support Assistant to join their team at our Daisy Hill Court estate in Easton, Norwich.
Base Salary: £11.58 up to £12.88* per hour see below.
Hours: 15 hours per week.
Development: Cross Penny Court consists of 56 one and two bedroom Assisted Living apartments, close to the centre of Bury St. Edmunds. There is a communal lounge, dining room, laundry, guest facilities, hobby room and landscaped gardens.
McCarthy Stone have a wealth of support and benefits for their staff. These include:
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (pro rata if part time hours)
- Up to an additional £1.30 for working evening and weekend hours
- Life assurance
- Company pension
- Opportunities to stay in our guest suites across all our developments UK wide
- Discounts on apartment purchases for employees and immediate family
- Access to benefits platform offering discounted Gift Cards and eGifts providing discounts on a number of leading brands including restaurants and supermarkets
- Management and leadership training and support with professional qualifications
- 24/7 access to Employee Assist Programme (including counsellors and legal advisors) and access to inhouse Mental Health First Aiders
- Get paid whilst you learn! Fully funded opportunities to study for an Adult Care Worker Level 2 or Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 (subject to eligibility and criteria).
About the role: As a Care Assistant you will provide the highest quality of individual care to our residents enabling them to live later life well. You will deliver housekeeping and domestic support across the general estate, including apartment cleans. Duties will be varied and include supporting and encouraging our residents to take part in a wide range of activities that support their health and wellbeing. You will help them to book appointments, arrange transport and where necessary, escort them on visits and assist with their shopping. Every day will be diverse, and you’ll have the opportunity to use your people skills to make a real difference.
- You will be a warm, friendly individual with ideally some experience of working in a care or support environment.
- You will have a passion for making a difference to the wellbeing and happiness of older people and enjoy working as part of team in a busy work setting.
- You will be driven to deliver excellent customer service.
- You will want to work in the Health and Social care sector and preferably have a QCF Health and Social Care (Adults) Level 2 qualification, although consideration will be given to a candidate with an alternative qualifications and relevant experience.
McCarthy Stone has been officially recognised as a great place to work! This is a hugely rewarding role and a career to be proud of, where every day you will go home knowing you made a positive difference to the lives of older people.
Could this role be the perfect job for you? Apply now! All applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received, and we hold the right to appoint before the closing date.
McCarthy Stone celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst our colleagues. We welcome applications from all, regardless of personal characteristics or background.
McCarthy Stone does not currently offer sponsorship. We are only able to consider those that have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
As the UK’s leading developer and manager of retirement communities, we provide high quality homes to exacting specifications. As of November 2021, McCarthy Stone operates 475 developments across the UK for more than 20,000 people.
We believe in championing the role, wellbeing and happiness of older people in society. We help our customers have a better later life, so they feel more connected, recognised and valued than ever. In late 2020 we launched the McCarthy Stone Charitable Foundation to support local causes that help older people in need across Britain.
We are proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work 2022 as well as making the Great Place to Work Wellbeing list!