Business Controller - #35157
Global Interactive Marketing Online (GIMO) is a silver award winner for 2021 Employee Centric Company at UK Employee Experience Awards (UKEXA) in London. Company was established in 2006, based in the Waterloo/Southwark area with circa 200 employees working for us in London, and an additional 450 employees working globally as part of the group. Focussing on mobile and online Poker, Casino, and Sports Betting products in major European and Asian markets.
GIMO specialises in all aspects of online marketing, website and online games creation in the iGaming, Sports Betting, Poker, and Casino industries. Gimo works in close partnership with leading global gaming brands such as NetBet, 777, and betFIRST.
We have a very multicultural team here at GIMO with employees specialising in all aspects of Marketing, Affiliation Marketing, Development, Web Design, Content, Analysis, Software Development and Customer Service. We are now recruiting for an “Financial Controller” to join our Finance team on a full-time permanent basis.
This role will fully own and be accountable for various reporting of NetBet brand. This includes monthly management reporting and collaborating with different stakeholders in compiling the targets and ensuring actual performances are in line with projections for the year. Essentially working across the hierarchy in bringing cost discipline and bottom-line improvements.
In the role of Financial Controllers, this individual will work within the finance department (under the stewardship of CFO) and be responsible for Analysing market performance, planning & forecasting, and monitoring the overall performance of the brand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributions and support the monthly management reporting and annual financial statements for each of the NetBet major markets and consolidated reporting.
- Drive improvements and automation in the month-end process to bring us closer to a ‘real-time P&L.’
- Support in NetBet strategic goal of substantially improving profitability and translating these strategic goals into measurable key performance indicators.
- Understanding and analysis of actual performance against the projections for the year including liaising with various stakeholders to ensure any underperformances are addressed promptly.
- Together with the CFO, evaluate the company’s financial performance by analysing reports – highlighting key areas of improvements.
- Analyse financial data to identify trends, improvement opportunities and risks.
- Working closely with NetBet structure and acting as trusted key business advisor (including COO and MD) – working closely with the business and contribute to the company’s management with focus on improving processes and controls.
- Understanding a range of factors impacting the markets and proactively act by eliminating/reducing risk and updating budget and projections accordingly.
- Control and monitor business processes, spending plans and both financial and non-financial projections.
- Initiate improvement processes in financial and operational management together with internal stakeholders/management and establish control and measurement of the implementation.
- Conduct commercial analysis and develop/adapt financial projections including reporting results to the management on a timely basis for business decision making.
- Working with NetBet Managing Director, COO and CFO, forecast future investments (including cash flow requirements) and resourcing needs. Economic assessment of investment proposals (including expanding into new markets or other investment opportunities) including risk assessment and economic recommendation.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field along with a recognised professional qualification.
- Must have several years of experience in a similar role within professional accounting or auditing, managerial accounting, corporate financial management.
- Leading financial teams and overseeing a company’s financial control and reporting activities.
- Management experience and leadership skills
- Experience in working with relevant financial and accounting software packages.
Our generous benefits package [ applicable to UK based employees] includes but not limited to
- Health Insurance
- Perk box
- Employee Wellbeing
- Learning and Development
- Staff social engagement activities
- Hybrid working – 2 days at office
- Working from abroad – up to 4 weeks in a year
More benefits are available and will be discussed once successful.
“GIMO is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.”