Associate Software Engineer (UK Remote) - #35269
Jobs for Humanity
Company Name: TurnItIn
Welcome to Turnitin! We are a global education company and recognized innovator in our field. For over 20 years, we have partnered with educational institutions worldwide to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness in education. Our services are used by thousands of academic institutions, publishers, and corporations. We have a diverse community of colleagues who are all passionate about making a difference in education. Join us as we work together to create positive change.Job Description
As an Associate Software Engineer at Turnitin, you will have the opportunity to develop and support various software components, plugins, and APIs. We are looking for engineers who are excited to solve challenging problems in a scalable, observable, and efficient way. You will work on different aspects of our codebase, collaborating with top-notch colleagues. Strong knowledge of algorithms, experience with API design, microservices frameworks, and proficiency in Java are important. Our team is distributed across different time zones, and we work closely with our DevOps team. We take pride in the services we provide, and it is essential to conduct unit and integration tests. Your work will directly impact educators and learners worldwide, and you will gain experience using the latest AWS serverless technologies.
- Add new features to existing services
- Design and build new services to add value for our customers
- Enhance stability and monitoring of existing workflows
- Collaborate with services running at scale
- Work closely with Support and Alliances teams to ensure customer satisfaction
- Basic programming skills in Java
- Desire to solve complex problems in creative and elegant ways
- Strong work ethic, self-starting attitude, and eagerness to learn
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Cloud Native solutions, preferably AWS or SpringBoot
- Understanding of different architecture types, including event-driven architecture and microservices
- Experience with relational databases
Total Rewards @ Turnitin
At Turnitin, we offer a competitive Total Rewards package that goes beyond monetary compensation. In addition to regular pay and bonus, we provide a work environment that is free from politics, full of inclusive and collaborative teammates, and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of educators, administrators, learners, and researchers worldwide. Our Remote-First approach offers flexibility and choice in how you work, whether remote, in our offices, or in hybrid mode. We also provide generous time off and health and wellness programs to support your overall well-being.
Our Mission: Ensure the integrity of global education and improve learning outcomes.
- Customer Centric: We prioritize educators and learners in everything we do.
- Passion for Learning: We foster a workplace where continuous learning and growth are encouraged.
- Integrity: We believe in honesty, trust, and ethical behavior in all aspects of our work.
- Action & Ownership: We take initiative and responsibility for our work.
- One Team: We collaborate, break down barriers, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset: We respect diversity and think globally to make a positive impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working options
- Remote First Culture
- Healthcare coverage*
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Competitive paid time off
- Self-Care Days
- National Holidays*
- Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to mental health platform
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
*Benefits may vary by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
We understand that it is rare for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet most of the requirements because skills evolve over time. If you have a willingness to learn and grow with us, join our team! Turnitin, LLC is committed to equal access to employment opportunities for all individuals. Qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.