Associate Director - #49112
Syzygy are recruiting for an Associate Director, to join the team.
We are Europe’s leading embedded green tech consultancy, delivering low-carbon solutions, that are both practical and commercially viable, increasing the uptake of embedded technologies, and supporting our clients move towards a more sustainable future. Our vision is “to energise our clients to harness the power of green technologies as a call to arms in the fight against climate change”. Our core values ensure we deliver on both!
Working with the PM team you will be responsible for the smooth progress of projects through the Enabling phase and successful handover to the Project Delivery Phase.
The role will require developing, managing and maintaining successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring work is completed on time, on budget and to a high standard.
You will be developing a team of well qualified and experienced Development Consultants who can provide the technical and practical skills necessary to ensure projects are progressing through the development stage.
There will be an element of business development, liaising with existing and new clients to develop new revenue streams. Keeping on top of industry trends, negotiating regulatory requirements and developing the procedures to ensure external bodies’ requirements are met is an important part of the role.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Act as a Team Leader focussing on Enabling within the Development Team, taking ownership of enabling activities, internal organisational activities and undertaking business development.
- Work with Project Managers to make sure Enabling activities for individual projects are completed on time and to budget
- The role holder will take ownership of all activities within Enabling, including (but not limited to): Grid Applications, Structural Surveys, Planning Permission and Making sure Principal Designer services are discharged where required by a third party.
- Manage the development of Enabling products and processes for both UK and EU projects, including the development of new products where required.
- Support the development and implementation of corporate processes and systems in relation to all Enabling activities and ensure that all Development team members comply with these.
- Support and actively take part in the development of annual business plans for the Project Development Team.
- Work with the Director, Development in leading the development and growth of the Team, including recruitment of new staff, line management, supporting training & development opportunities and mentoring.
- To deputise for the Director, Development as required.
- To drive exceptional delivery, health & safety, commercial, risk management and quality performance on projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensuring that projects are delivered through Syzygy’s internal process and systems, taking care to ensure compliance with all corporate policies and objectives.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience
- Must be degree educated in a technical field.
- Experience of working in a project environment, in renewables, construction, engineering or infrastructure.
- Clean and full driving licence.
- 40 hours per week with our core hours being 10:30am – 3:30pm
- Hybrid working with a minimum 3 days in the office
- Bike to work scheme & Tech Scheme
- 25 days holiday in addition to public holidays
- Holiday buy back scheme, up to 5 days per annum
- Vitality Health Care
Syzygy Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity, we’re striving to be highly inclusive and are committed to promoting diversity in everything we do! We believe that equality, diversity, and inclusion is what helps us create an environment where everyone can achieve their full potential and feels included and valued for their unique characteristics, skills and abilities they bring to the team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- United Kingdom (required)
Ability to Commute:
- London (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in London