Assistant Sustainability Programme Officer, Estates - #49012
Queen's University Belfast
Date: 1 week ago
Salary: £32,024 - £36,744 per year
Contract type: Full time
Job detailsJob reference
12/02/2024Application closing date
£32,024 - £36,744 per annum.Job category/type
Professional SupportAttachments Blank
Assistant Sustainability Programme Officer, EstatesJob description The Estates Directorate at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint to the post of Assistant Sustainability Programme Officer
The post-holder will play an integral role within the University Sustainability Team and be responsible for the delivery of a range of sustainability programmes which will support embedding sustainability across the University and delivery of the University’s Net Zero 2040 target
The postholder will develop and deliver a wide range of staff and student engagement and communication programmes and activities across the University to raise awareness and promote pro-environmental behaviours and ways of working to staff and students
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet the following criteria:
- Degree in an environmental related subject.
- 2 years’ relevant experience of coordinating and implementing sustainability/environmental projects/activities.
- Proven record of delivering employee engagement and communications programmes.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in raising environmental and social sustainability awareness in large organisations.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/ Informal enquiries may be directed to Nathan Campbell via [email protected] Candidate Information Attractive reward package About the Sustainability Further information for international applicants