Administrator (Redeployment) 13935 - #48887
- Suffolk County Council - Endeavour House, Ipswich, IP1 2BX - Hybrid
- £23,114 per annum (pro rata for part time)
- 37 hours per week - Flexible working options available
- Fixed Term or Secondment (up to 31 March 2025)
This post is funded by the Department for Education.
As a modern, flexible and effective organisation, we’re driven to make a positive difference to the the communities we serve and the careers of our people. We are looking to appoint an eager and well organised Administrator (Business Support Officer) to join our new project team, delivering objectives for the Department for Education (DfE) Short Breaks Innovation project.
Reimagine the possibilities.
Your role and responsibilities
- provide administration support as required to the team
- support the team to help meet deadlines and targets
- record and coordinate project tasks and activities
- enter data on systems to enable accurate reporting
- be willing to develop your knowledge of short break and wider services delivered within the Inclusion Service for children, young people with SEND and their families.
You will need
- the ability to plan and organise own workload, taking responsibility for delivery of tasks
- need excellent communication skills to liaise with other team members to help deliver results
- to understand customer needs and knows how to deliver a good customer service experience
- to work effectively as a member of a team, supporting team members and demonstrating a flexible approach
- good IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft packages, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc
- to use your initiative and motivate yourself.
You can view a full list of requirements in the Job and Person Profile (docx). If you believe you can succeed in this role, apply. Even if you don't meet all requirements, still apply. We would appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
You will be working in a new project team who will be committed to delivering the best possible outcomes. This will be a close working team who are very supportive of each other and thrive to deliver high standards. By joining this team, you will have the opportunity to be part of something very rewarding, challenging at times but also enjoyable.
Shaping Careers and Learning
We want to champion talent and seek to continuously develop everyone’s professional knowledge, potential and job satisfaction. Through accessible learning opportunities and clear career pathways we aim to identify individual strengths, diversify skill sets and enable people, from all walks of life, to build influential and impactful careers.
We’re big believers in potential, possibility and the power of different ideas. We’re always searching for ways to encourage, respect and enable everyone to be the best they can be. We aim to include all communities we serve in our representation. To achieve this, we encourage applications from everyone.
For more information
Please contact Lauren Flood for a casual conversation. You can reach them by emailing ************@suffolk.gov.uk
To apply please ensure;
- you read the Job and Person Profile (docx), before applying for this job opportunity
- Upload a supporting statement indicating how you meet each of the criteria in the ‘Person Profile’ section of the JPP.
Closing date: 11.30pm, 13 February 2024
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. #LI-Hybrid
As a modern and effective council, we offer a wide variety of careers to suit people with a range of skills, abilities and ambitions. We offer working options that flex to reflect the way people work today and take the time to understand and support your individual needs. We’re driven to make a positive difference to the world around us and encourage everyone with drive and focus to join us and build an influential and impactful career. Reimagine the possibilities.
In return, you’ll enjoy:
- up to 29 days annual leave entitlement (pro rata), plus UK bank holidays and two paid volunteering days
- membership of a competitive Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- travel, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits
- performance-related annual pay progression, in addition to an annual cost-of-living pay increase
- training and encouragement to expand your knowledge
- a variety of career development opportunities across our organisation
- diverse and active staff networks
- flexible working options, with the right to request flexible working from your first day
- plus more!
If you would like to know more about our benefits, values and equality commitments please visit our Working for Suffolk County Council pages (www.Suffolk.gov.uk/careers).