Administrator (NHS AfC: Band 2) - Continuing Healthcare Administrator - Northumbria Healthcare - NHCT Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust - #49019
Northumbria Healthcare - NHCT Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
An opportunity has arisen for a temporary Band 2 Administrative Assistant to work in the Continuing Healthcare Administration team who support the Continuing Healthcare Nurse Assessor Team.
The post holder will be a key member of the administrative team based at Foundry House, Bedlington. The successful candidate will be a vital member of the Continuing Healthcare Admin Team which comprises of a Lead Administrator, Band 3 and Band 2 Admin Assistants.
The post holder will provide a high quality, comprehensive administrative service to enable the efficient running of the Continuing Healthcare Nurse Assessor Team. Duties will include answering the phone, processing mail, inputting of information, booking meetings, ordering office stock, collection and data input of statistical information and general office duties including typing and photocopying.
Essential Criteria includes:
- RSA II or equivalent experience
- Qualification/experience in typing/word processing, keyboard skills, databases and spreadsheets
- Knowledge and experience of a Health Service Environment
- Literate and numerate
- High Standard of written English
- Must be able to demonstrate the English Language proficiency level required for this post.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of professionals in an efficient and effective manner
- Confident, assertive but sensitive approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and present a calm and professional manner at all times
- Excellent organisational skills
Northumbria Healthcare Trust is an outstanding, innovative Health Trust that provides care and support in the Northumberland and North Tyneside areas. The Trust provides excellent opportunities for training and development.
- To provide, and consistently maintain, a high standard of administrative support to the Nursing Care Assessment Team
- To maintain an up to date database of clients for the Nursing Care Assessment Team
- To assist in the communication of the requirements of the Nursing Care Assessment Team to nursing home managers, hospital staff and clients
- To arrange meetings and appointments for Nurse Assessors
- Diary Management (organising and cancelling)
- Request room availability
- Type letters and other correspondence to clients, nursing homes, next of kin and the local Authority
- To maintain the computer and paper-based records systems in accordance with Trust Policies and Procedures to ensure their comprehensiveness, consistency and accuracy.
- Other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may be required from time to time.
- To participate in training to ensure that your own skills, knowledge and attitudes are maintained/improved.
- Assist in training new and existing new staff, sharing knowledge with colleagues
- Maintaining client information on shared drives
- Adding and removing CPC provisions
- Dealing with queries/complaints – end of life clients, distressed clients
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CLOSE VACANCIES PRIOR TO THE ADVERTISED CLOSING DATE WHEN WE ARE IN RECEIPT OF SUFFICIENT APPLICATIONS